Mission & Vision
IDRAAC’s mission is to conduct and promote research in mental health, raise public awareness and advocate for mental health as a basic human right while providing care for all age groups (children, adolescents, adults and the elderly).
IDRAAC’s vision is to have the Lebanese population sensitized to mental health issues, and that people suffering from mental health conditions have adequate access to healthcare while preserving their human rights.
IDRAAC’s objectives are to:
- Educate and increase public awareness on mental health
- Reach out to policy makers to address mental health on the national level
- Advocate for mental health as a basic human right and work on preserving the human rights of persons affected by mental health conditions
- Implement community intervention programs addressing various aspects of mental health
- Offer individuals and communities the means of identifying, dealing with and overcoming mental disorders
- Train students and professionals in the practice and research of mental health
- Develop and adapt suitable instruments for research in Lebanon and the Arab region
- Conduct and promote research in mental health on national, regional and international levels.
IDRAAC’s clinical members offer their time for free to conduct these activities, and its only source of income consists of grants, donations and fundraising activities.